[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Ubuntu-cy - Ubuntu Linux - Cyprus Local Community Team • View topic - New Fedora 9 installation DVD fails to start

New Fedora 9 installation DVD fails to start

Discussion and help related with Fedora/RedHat/CentOS...

New Fedora 9 installation DVD fails to start

Postby theo » Wed May 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Re: New Fedora 9 installation DVD fails to start

Postby christodoulos » Thu May 15, 2008 8:36 am

My idea Theo is to keep working on the very smooth latest release of Ubuntu 8.04 :D
I hope that helps !

I'm going to try the new Fedora 9 on a Dell Vostro 200 with
VMachine, (this is the bset I can do for now) and I'll tell you the resaults.

By the way Thursday and 13 was my first day in army.. :twisted:
christodoulos
Advanced Member

Postby theo » Thu May 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Fedora Reloaded

The complete story is like this. I borrowed 2 PCs to prepare for the release party on 17 of May. One HP Compaq 7400 and one HP Compaq 2200. On the 7400 I installed Ubuntu 8.04 days ago and spent almost two weeks customizing. After the failure to install Fedora on the 2200 I tried to install on the 7400 on a secondary partition.

The installation went smoothly, I resized the Ubuntu partition and boot into Fedora. All good. But when I tried to boot on Ubuntu that's where all hell breaks loose! I get disk errors! Then I realize that Fedora didn't actually resize the Ubuntu partition! It just reconfigured the start and the end of the partition in the partition table without actually resizing! Of course now the Ubuntu partition is .

Fortunately I can still mount the Ubuntu partition and transfer all the important data on the 2220 where I installed Ubuntu 8.04.

So what have we learn today? NEVER EVER RESIZE LINUX PARTITION USING A FEDORA INSTALL DVD!

I think this must be Mitsotakis favorite distro:
http://frikipaideia.wikia.com/wiki/Μητσοτάκης
Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby christodoulos » Thu May 15, 2008 9:08 pm

So... Do we have computers for the party ?
To be honest, I will come for the food...

So don't bother if computers doesn't work :lol:
christodoulos
Advanced Member

Postby theo » Fri May 16, 2008 7:04 am

Did we said anything about food? :D No beer either but we can go for a beer later. But we are still going to have some cold drinks

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby theo » Wed May 21, 2008 9:43 am

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Return to Fedora, RedHat and CentOS