[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Ubuntu-cy - Ubuntu Linux - Cyprus Local Community Team • View topic - linux kernel-2.6.29 success

linux kernel-2.6.29 success

linux kernel-2.6.29 success

Postby Lish » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Lish
Expert Forum Member

Re: linux kernel-2.6.29 success

Postby sotos_ubu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:49 pm

Is version 2.6.29 stable? Do you have a laptop or a pc? Is everything working, wireless, sound, bluetooth, etc? Anyway I wouldnt risk of havng my system bricked so I will wait for the official update from Ubuntu.. Good for you though!!!
Υπάρχουν 10 ειδών άνθρωποι. Αυτοί που καταλαμβαίνουν το δυαδικό
σύστημα και αυτοί που δεν το καταλαμβαίνουν.
sotos_ubu
Advanced Member

Postby Lish » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:18 pm

relax!:P desktop and yes is stable! and everything works fine to me:) i don't use bluetooth and i'm with Ethernet controller... so when i compiled i see so many features for wireless so , i think no problem. i have 3 deference kernel 26/ 28/ 29 and i can boot to them from grub:) so if something broken :) i have spare 8-) 8-) :lol: :D
Be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Lish
Expert Forum Member

Postby Lish » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:10 am

Lish
Expert Forum Member

Postby theo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:09 am

Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby sotos_ubu » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Hm I guess I will give it a try someday then. Its just that until now I prefered to concentrate more on the programs that are more "visible" to me. I mean the Kernel is behind all that and its working, while the everyday programs I use had a higher priority to me than the Kernel. I guess Its a thing that every linux user should do someday...
sotos_ubu
Advanced Member

Postby theo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Normal users will never need to do this. But if you are interesting in learning linux and the insides of the pc it is really helpful. You have to split up with your girlfriend though! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people like to look out of the window. Some others prefer to look at the curtains instead!

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Postby sotos_ubu » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Yes I know what you mean.. :D :D There was a time that I spent the hole night trying to do something..I had ebooks and forums on the one hand and my box on the other...Those time are over now, I have many other real life things to do...
sotos_ubu
Advanced Member

Postby sotos_ubu » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:02 pm

wow...what about with all that questions? Most of them don't even know what they mean..Lish how did you deal with the matter?
sotos_ubu
Advanced Member

Postby theo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Use the make menuconfig option. Using this one you can access a brief explanation/documentation for each option. Or just use the defaults.

www.theo-andreou.org
theo
31337 Guru

Next

Return to Linux Kernel